Monday, May 4, 2009

Request Letter to Reduce Working Hours after Maternity Leave

Dear Sir,

Pleased be advised that I wish to humbly request for a change in work hours or a reduction of work hours (if possible) from May 15- April 15, 2010. Due to the fact that I have recently given birth and my newborn is still in the hospital under medical care. I would like to settle my childcare concerns in the next few weeks, my daughter needs special care and I would like to make the transition for her at home as comfortable as possible.

Attached is my doctor's letter of medical necessity for my baby, it details the type of care that she will be needing at this period.

I would like to thank you for the support the company has extended during my maternity leave. I truly appreciate it. I hope you understand the situation I am in now and consider my request at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,
Working Mom

More sample Maternity Leave letters here

No comments: