Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Request Letter to Reduce Work Hours and Demand Over Time Pay

Dear Sir:

I am writing to formally request that my number of working hours be reduce to 8 hours as specified in our employment contract. I have been performing an excess of 4-5 hours daily after our required work hours (9am-5pm) without over time pay. These excess hours are spent in covering tasks and responsibilities meant for other departments.

As you understand, if I do not do these tasks for the day, the company will be backlogged by orders and shipment delays the following morning.

In line with this, I would like to suggest that the company hire another purchasing assistant to handle the overflow of transactions. I deeply care about the company, and I feel I have done my part in volunteering so much of my personal time in handling our current logistic situation.

I would also like to ask that I be kindly paid in the future for any over time work rendered.

Hoping for your kind consideration.

Thank you very much

Best Regards,
Employee on Overtime

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this letter. My husband was able to use it to help cut down his work days so he could concentrate on family time and other interest. With a little tweaking it was great!