Monday, January 18, 2010

Sample Letter to Embassy: Invitation Letter

A sample invitation letter to be presented to the US consul by a J-1 visa holder.

Dear Consul,

My name is Attila Meyers, I am a clinical instructor at the University of Pepperdine in California pursuing a master’s degree in Molecular Biology. I am a J-1 Visa holder approved on March 20, 1998.

A transcript and a copy of my DS-2019 form is attached as proof of my duration in the teaching exchange program.

I wish to invite Magrite Meyers to the Annual University Dinner Gala to be held in Los Angeles, California of which I will be receiving an award.

Magrite Meyers, born on June 10, 1984, is my sister.

Please kindly assist her in receiving a tourist visa so that she may attend the awards ceremony as my guest.

She will stay at Alpha Kappa Phi sorority house during the duration of their visit, and the cost of her visit will be covered by my father- Steward Meyers. Please see the attached financial documentation for more details.

Thank you for your time and kind consideration of the attached visa application.

Sincerely,
Attila Meyers

No comments: