Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Hearfelt Resignation Letter

An emotional resignation letter that subtly gives out clues to the boss, that the employee might still reconsider staying if given a good offer. But do note that the employee refuses to talk about his transition to the other company, which in truth might just be a bluff. A good letter for fishing out a nice deal.

---

Dear [Name],

It’s with somewhat of a heavy heart that I am submitting my resignation from [company] effective two weeks from today. My last day will be [date].

The past few weeks have been a difficult time for me as I deliberated the direction of my career and whether it would be best to stay with the company or move to a new position with a new employer. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have, but I am not comfortable discussing my new position at this time.

I will be happy to help train my replacement or do anything else that will help make the transition smoother.

Thanks so much [Supervisor's Name]. My experience at [company] has been rewarding and productive, and I wish only the best for you and the company.

Regards,
Letterbarn
http://letterbarn.blogspot.com/

No comments: