Sunday, May 24, 2009

Letter Declining to be the Maid of Honor at Bestfriend's Wedding

Dear Talullah,

I got your letter. I am surprised and flattered. But unfortunately I have to decline. Of course, I want to be there for you on your wedding day.

And I will be.

But I cannot possibly take on that important role of being your Maid of Honor. It is a huge responsibility, and I may not be the right person for the job considering my circumstances with my work and my family at the moment.

I am not the kind to turn away friends, especially someone so dear. We have been so close for a good number of years. But I have a lot of work conflicts for the next six months that won't allow me to be flexible with my time. To be honest, it would be foolish for me to accept such a huge role and then disappoint you mid-way because I am in some out-of-town conference for weeks and I can't be there when you need me.

I would like to suggest that Millie take the reigns on this one. She would love it and more importantly, she is a very dependable friend.

I hope you understand, dear.

Love,
Lizzie

No comments: