Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Request Letter for Extension of Maternity Leave

Its never easy for a Mom to leave her newborn. Below is a parental leave letter asking for an extension of maternity leave. This might get any mother extra days off work to spend with her child.

Dear Sir,

I hope this letter finds you well.

I am in the last week of my maternity leave. My official leave duration is from June 15, 2010 to July 16, 2010. In line with this, I would like to request an extension of my maternity leave from June 16 to June 30, 2010.

My newborn still has jaundice, the yellowing of the skin after birth has not subsided. I shall be overseeing his care and follow-up treatment with his pediatrician until he is healthy. Attached is a letter from my infant's doctor.

I thank you for your time and consideration. I hope you could consider my request as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Post-Partum Mommy

4 comments:

Unknown said...

thank you so much for the sample letter, this helped me alot for my maternity leave extension letter. Thak you so much again, great help..

madhatter said...

You're welcome Tharindra! Thank you for taking the time to comment. At least, I know which letters are really useful. Please visit often :)

Hashifameen said...

Thank you

Unknown said...

thank you. very much.now i got an idea how to write a letter to my boss.