Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Missing You Letter

Dear Love,

Now that you're leaving for God knows where and why?
I can only email you and perhaps possibly get through you.

I promised you a list of all the things I miss about you
and I guess this is the perfect time to put it all down.

So here it goes:

I miss touching your hair, pinching your arm, and ticking the back of your hand.
I miss messing your hair. I will miss teasing you.

I miss texting you in the morning, evening, and every time in between.

I miss giving your phone a ring.

I miss talking to you. I miss asking you nonsense questions.

I miss waking you up in the morning. I miss your smell.

I miss asking how you are and I will miss not getting a response from you.

I will miss commenting on every small detail I notice about you.

I miss giving you gifts. I miss giving you notes and letters.

I miss writing what I want to say to you.

I miss touching your face – your forehead, your nose, your ear – touching them suddenly without your permission.

I miss saying your name; I miss writing your name.

I will miss all of these things…

…but I’m gonna be okay

…and you’re gonna be okay.

that’s just how things are.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Sincerely,
Letterbarn
http://letterbarn.blogspot.com/

No comments: