Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Letter Consoling the Sick: Expressing Support and Concern During Time of Illness

For family or friends who are ill or anticipating a loss it is important to show your concern even through a letter. But what does one say to a person who is terminally ill?

Remember the most important thing to express is your support, this will help create a sense of comfort for your loved one. But writing such a personal note can prove to be difficult. But if you write from your heart, you will always find the right words. One tip in writing such a letter is to reflect not on the disease, but to evoke good memories, good times with your loved ones and the little things you could do for them.



Dear Abby,

I've known your mother since you were little and I know you don't remember my visits back then. But when you were very young, you used to let me be part of your garden tea party. I would sit with you for hours. As your mother went out for groceries, she would come back and still find us playing with your doll- Mathilde and her animal friends. I remember those afternoons clearly, you were 3 and a very happy child.

It has been years now and I know what you're going through is truly difficult. But your mother has always told me of her brave little girl with a good heart and strong spirit. I would love to visit you soon, maybe not for tea now, but for a cup of coffee. If you'll have me. We can talk more.

Abby, my sweet child, you are not alone, I'm here for you and your mother.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15:13


I'm bringing over some lemon pie and that new book series about teen vampires your mother told me you really like. See you soon.

All my Love,
AiLefo

No comments: