Thursday, September 17, 2015

Request for Overtime Pay and Changes in Work Roster

File a Work ROTA request plus overtime pay with this letter:

Dear Sir,

I would like to request that my number of working hours be drop to the mandatory 8 hours as specified in the employment contract I signed with the recruitment agency. I have been working excess hours (around extra 5 hours daily) and on certain days that we are short staffed, I perform double duty shifts without any reliever on standby. This is outside of our usual work hours the company has agreed upon with the Union. If the excess hours of work continue, I would like to ask for hourly compensation for the additional hours. 


As you are well aware of, our shift supervisor continuously changes my work roster without notifying me in advance. Please take into account that there should be an on-call allowance for working emergency hours particularly for the night shift.I believe this is past due and a reasonable request.

Please see the attached ROTA spreadsheet for your review

It would be great to hear from you soon on the matter.

Sincerely,
George Wilcott

No comments: